Kawit Elementary School
Kawit is a barangay of Municipality Medellin which is situated in the outlying area of the said town. Medellin with a population of about 44,860 and its 19 barangays belong to the partly urban areas in the Philippines. While some of modern urban structures, some others, especially those which are seated in the outlying areas, remained rural.
The term Kawit comes from Cebuano word “kawit or kaw-it”, a bamboo tube about two and half feet long with a wooden hook fastened at the top. This is being carried by gatherers of coconut wine. Because of its tasty local wine people from neighboring places used to visit the place just to quench their thirst. Now, the barangay is the most progressive place in the town. It has a public market and its own fire and police substation.
• To promote students quality learning potentials through various academic and extra-curricular programs and activities
• To give opportunity to the students to learn new culture and interact with foreign nationals
• Teaching, organizing/coordinating club activities, assist during school camps/field trips, support other school work, etc.
• Assist in the development of Music, Arts, and Sports
• Assist in Tutorial Session and/ or teach foreign language
• Assist teachers in teaching and organizing school activities
• Assist in school trainings and sport activities.
• Assist in administrative tasks.
• Mingle with the children/volunteers and other partners without prejudice and to share also his/her experiences from the country where she/he came from.
Living with host family (expect to have a shared room with your host sister or brother)
Barangay Kawit, Medillin, Cebu
• Sociable and Team player
• Have a bigger heart for the disadvantaged and less privileged people
• Flexible, open minded and able to adopt local life situations
• Independent with limited supervision
• Creative, Innovative, Adventurous and fun loving
• Team player and with Sense of Community
• Will commit fulltime work while in country
*MTV fee is Euro 400 for the first one month. Additional Euro 300 per month from the second up to fifth month.
Please note that this project is available all year long from June 2018 till March 2019