BUKAS PALAD CEBU FOUNDATION INC
The Global Initiative for Exchange and Development Inc. (GIED) is a non-profit and non-government organization established last July 07, 2015 in Cebu City, Philippines. The organization aims to promote people empowerment and connectivity through the spirit of volunteerism and building communities for sustainable development.
BPCFI establishes, maintains, and operates as agency primarily for the marginalized and less privileged families of Mabolo, Cebu City. For the past several years, members and families of BPCFI have grown in numbers. Some migrated to different places in Cebu, while the houses of some of the families were demolished and thus they were forced to transfer to other places. In spite of these obstacles, the relationship between these families and BPCFI stood firm through communication, especially through home and school visitation.
At the start, BPCFI operated in the sitios and barangays of Cebu City, specifically Barangay Mabolo. As the years went by, its work spread to different municipalities of Cebu and the different islands of the Visayas region. However, the bulk of its beneficiaries still come from Mabolo.
The beneficiaries of BPCFI are mainly children and youth from age 3 to 24 belonging to underprivileged and under-served communities and families. These children and youth are part of the BPCFI Educational Programs, and about 85 percent are given support through the Support at a Distance Program (SAAD).
In recent years BPCFI expanded its services to cater to a wider range of clientele that covers not only those children and youth who are part of the SAAD Program. BPCFI, through its services, reached out to the parents of the children and youth and their communities, providing some health services and skills training services.
Aims of the project:
Bukas Palad aims to form and develop the human person of his potentials that he may become productive in the family and community, capable of transforming the lives of others and building communities that witness universal brotherhood.
- Support at a Distance
- BP Learning Center for Kids
- Human and Spiritual Formation
- Natural Family Planning
- Community Development
- Assist the development of basic computer education, information/database management and other Microsoft operating
system to local staff and student beneficiaries of BPCFI. e.g. Give 1 to 2 hours daily computer lessons.
- Assist in the development of website, social media and other advocacy materials and tools to promote the programs and projects of the Organization
- Give 1 to 2 hours daily English lessons. Lessons will be open to the student beneficiaries of BPCFI
- Assist staff in letter and report writing.
- Be ready for any other program related task that may be assigned to him or her
Live in a host family (expect to have a shared room with host sister or brother or foreign volunteer)
- Can teach basic computer skills in msoffice and others and provide his/her own course outline and materials for teaching.
- Can teach English language and provide his/her own course outline and materials for teaching.
- Can adjust to different types of works and work situation.
- Flexible and can adjust to any environment.
- Creative and contributes ideas.
1800 EUR for 6 months
3000 EUR for 12 months
Please note that this project is available all year long.
Project starts in August or in February.
All applications should be received at least three months before deployment.