A2D Project- Research Group for Alternatives to Development , Inc.
The Global Initiative for Exchange and Development Inc. (GIED) is a non-profit and non-government organization established last July 07, 2015 in Cebu City, Philippines. The organization aims to promote people empowerment and connectivity through the spirit of volunteerism and building communities for sustainable development.
A2D is a non-profit and non- government organization based in Cebu City that works toward s finding innovative and alternatives to facilitate improvement of the lives of people in the communities.
A2D’s vision is to build a Philippines society that is inclusive, democratic and just. They believe in development that is people-centered geared towards human flourishing.
A2D’s mission is to improve lives through promotion of evidence-based development practice. They are committed to finding innovative alternatives to address poverty, exclusion and inequality in the Philippines.
AIMS OF THE PROJECT
• Provide administrative support
• Contribute to project development of A2D.
• Establishing filing system in the office.
• Maintaining and updating social media accounts to increase internet presence of A2D
• Providing inputs in developing and drafting communication s and branding materials of A2D.
• Provide assistance to finance officer in financial management and filing of A2D.
• Providing Contribution in developing project proposal for submission to funders
• Conduct inventory of A2D Projects’ existing file
• Establish filing system
• Regularly update A2D facebook account
• Write news stories for website posting
• Facilitate posting to website of success stories from projects.
• Conduct desk reviews on best practices on communication and branding plans of other civil society organizations.
• Assist finance officers in making follow-ups to staff re:financial responsibilities to A2D ( budget request liquidation)
• Create an inventory of possible funders , call for proposals
• Organize meetings with the project development team
• Conduct desk reviews and internet research to contribute to proposal write ups
Living with host family (expect to have a shared room with your host sister or brother)
Osmeña Blvd., Capitol Site, Cebu City
• Flexible, open-minded and able to adopt the local situation
• Sociable and can easily mingle with Official, staff, volunteers without prejudice, etc.
• Commitment to regular updates/reporting/monitoring through mobile, online communication
• Independent and requires less supervision
• Innovative, industrious, adventurous, creative and fun loving
Extra fee : 400eur
Please note that this project is available all year long